ABOUT THE JOB
You will be responsible for the generation of sales and profitable growth through key customer relationship management, making (existing) customers enthusiastic about (new) products and identifying and developing market opportunities. Furthermore, you create annual key account plans within the framework of the global sales plan. You optimize retail sales conversion by negotiating new commercial conditions and a pay for performance bonus system.
You will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager regarding the key account plan, identification of opportunities and for consultation. You will maintain good relationships with your colleagues at the head office in Amsterdam and in the Sales & Training department regarding the coordination of work and exchanging important information (about trends, opportunities and bottlenecks).
- The achievement of annual sales and financial targets.
- The management and upkeep of the portfolios of our National Retailers.
- The development of a National account plan with retailers for optimising reselling activities.
Department policy & administrative work
- Acquisition of the “premium” position in retailers' shops and shop-windows, and on their websites. Plan new openings.
- The in-store presentation of new products, models and colours.
- Instigating promotional activities.
- Organising and participating in “Retailer Events”.
- The organisation and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
- The monitoring, analysis and assessment of market trends, consumer behaviour and the activities of competitors.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records of retail agreements, e-mail correspondence, offers, etc.
- The provision of input for the “Key account plan”, account budgets and KPI's for the relevant key customers.
- Academic work and intellectual level
- At least 10 years of sales/ retail experience and at least 4 years of experience as a Key Account manager
- Manager or in a similar sales job
- Leadership abilities
- Proven track record in commercial organisations and account roles
- Ability to challenge, guide and influence decisions, multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Experience in negotiations at retail headquarters
- Social, a good communicator and listener